Little Sun is dedicated to designing and delivering affordable clean energy solutions and inspiring people to take climate action. Founded by the contemporary artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen, Little Sun “puts the power of the sun in your hands” through a suite of artfully-designed solar devices, livelihood programs and renewable energy and climate advocacy efforts. Little Sun products make light and safety possible for refugees, help students extend study hours in areas without electricity, and allow public health workers to charge their phones in remote locations, among others.
After ten years in operation, Little Sun has distributed over one million solar powered products globally and is a global leader in emotionally engaging communications on renewable energy. We are embarking on an ambitious new strategy which will take the organization deeper in select countries (especially, Senegal and Zambia) to support families and communities to move up the energy access ladder by using solar power for agriculture, small-scale enterprise and healthcare.
Little Sun complements our product distribution and field programs with communications campaigns to inspire action on renewable energy and climate change.
Little Sun seeks an individual to serve as Business Analyst whose task it will be to ensure appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place. S/he provides financial insights supporting the decision-making processes for capital alignment and resource allocation. The Business Analyst position reports directly to the country CEO and is based in Lusaka.
Business Analyst responsibilities are
- Detailed Business Profitability and Market Analyses
- Planning and Budgeting
- Financial Business Modelling
- Variance Analyses
- Monitoring and Ensuring Data Quality
- Interpreting data, reporting on performance and flagging with key trends, risks, and opportunities
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Analysis
- Finance and/or accounting qualification at tertiary level
- Familiar with performing financial and operational modelling
- Strong experience with internal and external reporting (including regulatory)
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis
- Strong understanding of Key Performance indictors
- Advanced computer skills, including mastery skills in Excel, database applications and business intelligence systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- High level of self-motivation and personal responsibility
Please submit your letter of motivation, your CV with salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date by 31 March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.