Little Sun is a nonprofit organization that empowers communities in Africa with solar energy and inspires action for a solar powered world. Founded by the contemporary artist Olafur Eliasson, Little Sun “puts the power of the sun in your hands” through a suite of artfully-designed solar devices, livelihood programs and renewable energy and climate advocacy efforts. Little Sun products make light and safety possible for refugees, help students extend study hours in areas without electricity, and allow public health workers to charge their phones in remote locations, among others.
After nine years in operation, Little Sun has distributed over one million solar powered products globally and is a leader in emotionally engaging renewable energy communications. We are embarking on an ambitious new strategy which will take the organization deeper in select countries (especially Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Senegal and Zambia) to support families and communities to move up the energy access ladder by using solar power for agriculture, small-scale enterprise and healthcare.
We are also dramatically increasing our activities to use arts and culture as a means of mobilizing millions of people to support an accelerated transition to renewable energy.
Little Sun is seeking a Digital Manager to support this effort.
You’re an experienced communications professional with a knack for all digital targeting and engagement. You’re excellent at delivering communications plans and able to cut through a crowded digital landscape to get to the people that matter. While you’re skilled at digital planning, you also enjoy the nitty-gritty of implementation, leading on digital marketing and identifying new messages and channels. You’re a team player with strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with our wider communications, fundraising team and partners. You’re passionate about solving the climate crisis and winning campaigns.
Working with Little Sun campaign and network partners, reporting to the Head of Communications, the Digital Manager will focus supporting work in the following areas:
- Roll out of Little Sun brand online, building our voice and creative execution
- Editorial calendar management for website and social channels, supporting our Communications Managers
- Website content and performance management, together with our web development team
- Newsletter & digital channel outreach, paid promotion, management and analytics
- Executing donor campaign outreach, in collaboration with communications managers
- Ad hoc product marketing support, advertising copy and creative design management, in collaboration with product sales team.
- Ad hoc content development support: blog, newsletter copywriting, video and photo production.
Specific skills/experience needed
- Five years minimum communications experience
- Proven ability to prepare and execute creative and effective digital communications strategies across paid and owned channels
- Editorial planning and scheduling in line with wider communications goals
- Digital marketing: MailChimp, CRM, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads
- Website management and optimisation
- Donor acquisition experience with targeted digital outreach
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to understand and analyze complex development, energy and environment issues and communicate them clearly to targeted audiences
- Experience running digital communications for effective campaigns, with experience in nonprofit donor acquisition, climate, arts or clean energy a plus
- Ability to create social media materials (short videos, infographics, etc.) a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required; German or French a plus
- Capable of working both as an integrated team member and to self-start and work independently
What can Little Sun offer you?
- Opportunity to thrive in an entrepreneurial, evolving and creative environment
- A friendly team that is passionate about our shared vision
- A varied workplace with lots of opportunities of personal development and connection to Studio Olafur Eliasson
- Flexible office solutions, working hours and digital work
We actively encourage applicants from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds, ethnicities, and communities, and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by Little Sun.
Little Sun is an equal opportunity employer. Little Sun recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Please submit your letter of motivation, your CV with salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date to: email@example.com