Little Sun is a global project with a social business model, founded by the artist Olafur Eliasson. The aim is to bring clean and affordable energy to the over 800 million people in the world who live without access to a reliable power supply. We do so by means of selling our handy solar lamps and solar powered chargers worldwide. In regions without a reliable energy supply (particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa), Little Sun works with local entrepreneurs to generate local profits, but also with humanitarian partners and NGOs to bring solar energy to the people who need it most. Such donor funded projects focus on empowering school children, refugees and people living in regions affected by natural disasters.
In addition, Little Sun also uses workshops and creative campaigns as well as cooperation with international partners to draw attention to the importance of renewable energies and energy access as an elementary sustainability goal of the UN agenda for sustainable development.
We are looking for a working student to support our logistics and quality management team in Berlin at the earliest possible date. In particular, we are searching for a colleague with a strong hands-on mentality and IT affinity for both work areas. This position is to be filled for the next two years for 16-20 hours/week (flexible) and with a starting salary of 12 euros/h.
Your main areas of activity are divided into three work areas:
- Digital Warehouse-Management/e-commerce fulfillment
- Support in the operation of external interfaces and e-commerce fulfillment
- Posting processes accompanying inventory in the ERP system
- General support in dealing with the internal ERP System
- Active participation in the management of logistical tasks in day-to-day business
- Support with the maintenance of inventory lists and with the implementation of inventories
- Handling of returns and refunds
- Quality Managment
- Technical testing and carrying out simple repairs on our products
- Support in the implementation of quality controls and technical tests
- Customer support pertaining to technical questions
Ideally, you meet the following requirements:
- Enrollment/Matriculation at a German University
- Engineering or Business Studies with a focus on logistics and/or IT, or an already completed training (or comparable work experience)
- You are a digital native, with good IT skills in the areas of webshop/warehouse management/ ERP System/ Interfaces
- You have a talent for Organization and speak fluent English and German
- You enjoy working in a team, you have an independent and structured way of working and do not shy away from classic organizational tasks
- You have a proactive attitude and take the initiative towards new challenges.
- You also have good problem solving skills
What Little Sun offers you:
- Participation in the further development of a project in a meaningful environment
- A kind and friendly team that is passionately committed to the common vision
- A varied job with a lot of development opportunities and close connection to Studio Olafur Eliasson
- The possibility of a Bachelor/Master thesis
Interested? Then we look forward to your detailed application via email to Jobs@littlesun.org